Creamy Chicken Recipe in English
History of the Dish
The Creamy Chicken recipe has been around for quite some time, and it has become a staple in many households. The dish is thought to have originated in Europe, where cream-based sauces are popular. Over time, the recipe has evolved and adapted to incorporate different flavors and ingredients. Today, it is a go-to recipe for many who want an easy, yet delicious meal.
Creamy Chicken is a dish made with tender chicken breast pieces, cooked in a creamy sauce that is full of flavor. The sauce is made with ingredients like heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic, and parmesan cheese, which all come together to create a creamy and savory sauce. The chicken is cooked until it is tender and juicy, providing the perfect base for the creamy sauce.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Possible ingredient substitutes:
- Instead of chicken breast, you could use chicken thighs or tenders
- Instead of all-purpose flour, you could use cornstarch or a gluten-free flour blend
- Instead of chicken broth, you could use vegetable broth or water
- Instead of heavy cream, you could use half-and-half or milk
- Instead of parmesan cheese, you could use pecorino or romano cheese
- In a shallow dish, mix together the all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper. Coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the coated chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Bring the broth to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the broth has reduced by half.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, dried basil, dried parsley, and dried oregano to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Simmer the sauce for 5-7 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is completely coated in the sauce and heated through.
- Serve hot with your choice of sides.
Beverages and Accompaniments
Creamy Chicken goes well with a variety of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or rice. To balance out the dish's richness, a fresh green salad with a tangy vinaigrette can be a great accompaniment. As for beverages, a crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or a light beer like Pilsner can help cut through the creaminess of the dish.
This dish serves 4 people. The nutritional information per serving is:
- Calories: 544
- Total Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 224mg
- Sodium: 1567mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 51g
Creamy Chicken can be a bit expensive to make, but there are ways to create a low-cost alternative that is just as delicious. Instead of chicken breasts, you can use chicken thighs or drumsticks, which are cheaper cuts of meat. You can also use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream, and reduce the amount of parmesan cheese. To stretch the dish even further, you could serve it over rice or quinoa, and add extra vegetables like frozen peas or carrots. By making a few changes, you can create a creamy and satisfying meal that won't break the bank.
To ensure your Creamy Chicken turns out perfectly every time, make sure to use a heavy-bottomed skillet that heats evenly. Be sure to not overcook the chicken, as it can become tough and dry. And if you want to add a bit of color to the dish, you can sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley or basil on top before serving. Enjoy!
Si quieres conocer otros artículos parecidos a Creamy Chicken Recipe in English puedes visitar la categoría Recetas.